This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner, it is time to rate Halloween candy. As any child and adult knows, there are some candies that you get so excited to receive and others that are never touched. Here are my five favorite and five least favorite types of Halloween candy.

My Five Favorites

1. Hershey Bars

You cannot go wrong with a chocolate bar! In everyday life, if I am in the mood for a sweet treat, a regular Hershey bar is typically not my go-to. On Halloween though, it is one of my top favorites!

2. Tootsie Roll Minis

Tootsie rolls are other candies I reserve for a Halloween treat. These are classic Halloween candy. Bonus points for the assorted flavors other than chocolate such as vanilla, cherry, and orange.

3. Twix

There is nothing better than the combination of chocolate, caramel, and a biscuit!

4. Snickers

This is probably my favorite type of candy of all time with the mix of chocolate, peanuts, and caramel. Snickers are the perfect candy to receive on Halloween.

5. Butterfingers

Peanut butter and chocolate go perfectly together. Butterfingers are another candy that I typically reserve for the Halloween season.

My Five Least Favorites

1. Crunch Bars

I love chocolate bars, but I am not a fan of Crunch Bars. I am not very fond of the texture. Crunch Bars were always the Halloween candy I was hoping not to receive.

2. Almond joy

This is another chocolate candy that I do not enjoy. The texture and the taste have never been my favorite.

3. Skittles

As you can probably tell from this list, I typically do not prefer fruity and sour candy. Some of their newer assortments are good but the original red pack is not a candy I look forward to getting.

4. M&M’s

Although these are chocolate candies, I do not find them very exciting. They are a good candy to have occasionally but not something I love.

5. Starburst

Unless I am getting the cherry flavor, I typically do not prefer Starburst. Most of the flavors of Starburst are not my favorite and do not make me excited to get them.

Happy Halloween and hopefully you get to enjoy your favorite candy!

Hello! I am a student at Seattle Pacific University majoring in Economics and Applied Math. I am originally from Olympia, Washington. I love to read, write, and hang out with my dogs.