Romance Books to Fall in Love With This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

February, the month of love and romance, is here! Rather than watching a romantic comedy movie this Valentine’s Day, maybe this is the year to pick up a romance book instead. Here are ten romance novels that you will be falling in love with this Valentine’s Day!

1. Happy Place by Emily Henry

Every year a group of friends, including Harriet and Wyn, take a vacation to the same cottage in Maine. Five months before the annual trip, Harriet and Wyn broke up and did not tell any of their friends. Now they find themselves sharing a bedroom on this year’s trip. The cottage is for sale so this will be the last year the group will be able to take this trip. To spare their friends, it should not be too difficult to fake date for a week, right?

1. Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld

If you are a fan of Saturday Night Live, then this might be the romance book for you. The story follows Sally, a writer for a late-night comedy show. Sally writes a sketch poking fun at her colleague Danny, a man considered to not be the most attractive, who is now dating a glamorous actress. The sketch highlights how this often does not happen in reverse. The musical guest and host of this week’s show is a pop artist named Noah. Sally and Noah instantly connect, and she finds herself in the situation of her sketch. She begins to wonder if a guy like him would really want a girl like her. 

1. Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

Alex Claremont-Diaz is the son of the President of the United States of America. As the closest thing to royalty in America, Alex attends an event in England held by the Royal Family. Relations between the two nations take a dark turn after news outlets get a hold of photos of Alex and Henry, the prince, in an altercation. As the two nations attempt to control the damage, Alex and Henry find themselves becoming friends and maybe even in a secret romance. 

1. Bride by Ali Hazelwood

A paranormal romance is just what one needs to read for Valentine’s Day. The story follows Misery Lark, the daughter of a Vampyre councilman. In order to keep the peace between the Vampyres and the Werewolves, Misery must marry the Alpha Werewolf, Lowe Moreland. Despite her political duty to marry Lowe, Misery has her reasons to agree to the marriage and will stop at nothing until she gets what she wants. 

1. Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

After years apart, Macy runs into her friend from her past, Elliot. Not just any friend, but her first and only love of her life. The story follows their young lives as best friends and their adult lives as mere strangers. Elliot tries to unravel the reason Macy decided to stop communicating with him. Will their young love find its way back into their adult lives? 

1. Book Lovers by Emily Henry 

Nora is a literary agent from New York City who is extremely busy. She agrees to have a relaxing getaway with her sister in Sunshine Falls, North Carolina. Instead of a slow-paced enjoyable vacation, Nora finds herself constantly running into Charlie Lastra, a book editor from the city. You would think that this would be a cute meet-up, but things have never been fun when their paths have crossed in the past. 

1. Love Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood

Elsie is a woman of many jobs. By day she is an adjunct physics professor at multiple universities, and by night she is paid to go on fake dates. She keeps the two professions separate; her clients do not know her real job. While interviewing for a full-time faculty position at MIT, Elsie finds that her client’s brother, Jack, whom she does not get along with, is on the interview panel.  Confusion hits Jack as he recognizes Elsie but knows her as a different person. Will Jack be inclined to sabotage her interview? Will uncovering her real self to Jack lead to potentially more than just a job? 

1. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

After the bride and groom, plus their entire wedding party, get food poisoning, there are only two left standing. Olive and the man she despises most, Ethan, are the only two not affected by the food poisoning. A honeymoon for two is up for grabs. Both were offered it and want to go. Going on a fake honeymoon with a man you strongly dislike can’t be that bad, can it?

1. Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez 

Alexis is an emergency room doctor at a top hospital and Daniel is a man of many jobs in his small, rural town. The two different people’s worlds collide after Alexis passes through Daniel’s town on the way home. As the two spend more time together they both find they are happier but are their worlds too different? Alexis comes from a wealthy family all of whom are doctors. Would they accept Daniel? 

1. The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas

Who doesn’t love another fake dating romance? Catalina is in need of a date for her sister’s wedding in Spain, especially after telling a small lie that she has been dating an American. Aaron, Catalina’s colleague, is the last person she would want to bring. She finds him to be cold, arrogant, and extremely aggravating. Catalina ends up in a more desperate position after hearing her ex-boyfriend will be attending. Aaron being her best, and only option, the two set off for Spain.

Hello! I am a student at Seattle Pacific University majoring in Economics and Applied Math. I am originally from Olympia, Washington. I love to read, write, and hang out with my dogs.