This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

I know what you are probably thinking by the title of this.. Christmas music ALREADY? IT’S NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING YET… and I get it, I really do. But in a year like 2020 a ‘girls gotta do what a girls gotta do’ to find happiness. I’m sorry I don’t make the rules but, I wholeheartedly believe Michael Bublé defrosted early this year therefore it is only fitting to start celebrating immediately.

Positivity is hard to come by these days and one thing that never ceases to bring me pure bliss is getting all cuddled up by my fake tv fireplace, lighting my peppermint marshmallow candle, sipping some hot apple cider out of my tackiest Christmas mugs, and blasting all the Christmas tunes on this playlist. 

• Wonderful Christmastime – Xavier Omär + Sango 

Xavier Omär has the most angelic voice that instantly brings you to a place of peace and relaxation, this tune will forever be one of my top favorite Christmas covers of all time. 

• Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – Sam Smith

A cover that can be on loop for hours on end and I would never get sick of it.

• Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Michael Bublé

Nothing quite signals Christmas like the sound of the legendary Michael Bublé. Of course every song off of Michael Bublé’s Christmas album is absolutely essential on any Christmas playlist but if I had to pick my favorite it would be hands down be this one.

• Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Frank Sinatra 

A CLASSIC. Frank, you forever have my heart. 

• Mary, Did You Know? – Pentatonix 

Impossible to get through this song without tears because my ears have truly never heard something so beautiful. 

• This Christmas – Chris Brown

This song just makes my soul feel all the good things. Not going to lie this is a song that I find myself listening to even months after Christmas has passed. 

• Mistletoe – Justin Bieber

11 year old me is SCREAMING. Can you believe this song came out 9 years ago… I have never felt so old. Ahhhhh times were so much simpler when JB had just dropped his Christmas album that single handedly made my whole year. 

• The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You) – Nat King Cole

This forever holds a permanent spot on any and every Christmas playlist I will ever make. Christmas is not Christmas without this song…

• Santa Tell Me- Ariana Grande

I can’t believe there was ever a time this song did not exist. It is an absolute staple every Christmas season. 

• Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – John Legend 

The intro to this song… name something more wholesome.

• All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey

Christmas. theme. song. I honestly think Mariah Carey is secretly Mrs.Claus at this point.

I hope this brought you some joy in the midst of incredibly difficult times. If this is a bit too soon for you I completely understand, just know this playlist will be here waiting to shower you with all the Christmas spirit whenever you’re ready.

Social Justice and Cultural Studies + Psychology Major who aspires to work at UNICEF