Campus Cutie: Katherine Meeker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

This week, Her Campus Southern Miss caught up with Katherine Meeker, a sophomore criminal justice major from Gulfport, Miss. Meeker had a lot to say about who she is and where she’s going, as well as her celebrity crush, guilty pleasure, and what bring out her geeky side.

HC: Why did you choose Southern Miss?

Katherine: USM was the only university out of the ones I wanted to attend that had my major.

HC: You’re a bookworm. What would a book about your life be called and why?

Katherine: I have no idea what a book about my life would be, but I would so write a book called ‘Bulletproof.’ The book would be a about a secret agency inside the government.

HC: If you could take a roadtrip anywhere in the U.S., where would you go and why?

Katherine: Nashville! I love the music scene and the Parthenon. You can listen to a different band every night in Nashville.

HC: What’s your dream date?

Katherine: My dream date would be going to see a little unknown band. Preferably a rock band!

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Katherine: Jamie Campbell Bower! He was in Sweeney Todd, Camelot and City of Bones. Plus, he’s a musician.

HC: What’s your guilty pleasure?

Katherine: Reading supernatural romances.

HC: What’s one thing you’re most proud of?

Katherine: My strong drive toward my career goals. 

HC: What do you hope to do when you leave Southern Miss?

Katherine: Join the FBI and work my way into the Behavioral Analysis Unit. If that doesn’t work out, I wouldn’t mind going into the CIA.

monicia.warner

Southern Miss

Monicia is a senior news-editorial journalism major at Southern Miss. She is a member of the Transfer Leadership Board, Phi Theta Kappa Alumni Association and National Association of Black Journalists. She is also a contributing writer for Uloop News. After college, she hopes to intern with a major newspaper and/or continue to grad school. Her interests include social media, period dramas and Ellie Goulding. SMTTT!