The Hottest, Cruelty Free Lip Colours This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southampton chapter.

There is no denying the fact that a little makeup goes a long way on a night out (I’m sure many girls will agree). This spring is no exception, as the latest runway and celebrity trends are all based around the lips.

The latest colours all create a pretty, yet bold look. The runway models shown above exemplify how a bright lip colour can complete an otherwise demure and modest outfit. When incorporated into a nude makeup look, the strong lip colours throw in a little spice, and will definitely make you stand out at Southampton’s clubs – in a good way.

Whereas the most fashionable lipstick colours in the autumn and winter were dark plum or purple colours, this season’s trends encompass not only the dark colours, but the bold and pastel ones too. For example, style icon Cara Delevigne wears a daring pink orchid colour below.

So, you may be wondering ‘where can I find such daring and colourful lipstick shades?’ If, like me, you’re up to date with makeup on the market, you’ll have caught onto the recent popularity of the lipstick brand Lime Crime.

Lime Crime has to be one of the best producers of bold and fun lip colours. With brand messages such as “always be yourself”, Lime Crime provides a large range of affordable and interesting lip colours, in possibly the most adorable unicorn packaging. Unfortunately in the UK, there is only one store you can purchase the brand from which is in Hertfordshire… too far for us Southampton students. However, the full range of colours is available for purchase from the Lime Crime website!

Another incredible benefit of Lime Crime is its opposition to animal testing for cosmetic purposes. The brand helps pave the way to a brighter world for laboratory animals. Their lipsticks are also fully vegan, so you don’t have to worry about any nasty additives being applied to your face. 

So, if you have the confidence, why not try a fun and bright lip colour today? A lip colour that benefits the consumer and also opposes animal testing organisations – sounds like a great recipe for makeup to me. 

My name is Emma and I'm a first year history student from the University of Southampton. I have an interest in style, healthy eating and fitness. In my free time I like to paint, horse ride and have an interest in animal rights. You can check my twitter out here: http://twitter.com/emma_briers and my instagram here: http://instagram.com/emma_briers