This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Highlight is used in makeup routines to highlight points of the face where the light hits the most. But a good highlight can be very hard to find. I used a gift card I had to finally buy a highlighter from Zara. How is the quality of a highlight created by a high-end clothing brand? Is it worth your money? Well, here’s how it went.

The Application:

The highlight was super easy to apply with a brush. I noticed that a lot of products flew off the pan while I was putting it on my brush, so it made me think that this was super pigmented. I put it on my cheekbones, and it glided on like butter. It left me with a more natural highlight, and I fell in love with it. It looks so good on top of my other makeup.

Longevity:

I wore it for about an hour, and it definitely faded. I could still see it, but it was definitely softer than from when it was first applied. After the original application, I expected it to last better than it actually did. I’m a little disappointed in the longevity, but maybe that’s how natural highlights are.

Is it worth the price?

For $10.90, I think this highlight is somewhat worth the price. It’s easy to blend, natural, smooth, and feels like butter. The packaging itself is not worth the price. The packaging is small and plain. When you pay for the highlight, you are paying more for the quality of the product. There are only two shades of the individual highlighter, so it isn’t very inclusive to many different skin tones. It didn’t last very long on the skin — and when I wear makeup, I want it to last all day. But for a quick photo, it works well.

Overall, I’d say that I’m happy that I bought the Zara highlighter. I’ve been looking for a natural highlighter for a long time, and I found one that doesn’t look too golden on me. It was better than I expected, and I think that Zara did a good job at executing a makeup brand when they specialize in clothing. I was worried about the highlighter at first when it came in the mail because it was smaller than I expected. I opened the package for the first time, and it didn’t look like a highlighter, it looked more like an eyeshadow. But, I was impressed when I tried it for the first time. I think that the highlight made my makeup look better because I was using a highlight that matched my skin tone, but it didn’t last long on the skin. I’m pleased with the results, and I think I may try some other makeup from Zara.

Julia Avitabile

South Carolina '26

Julia Avitabile is the vice president of Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. She is also a writer for Her Campus at South Carolina. She organizes meetings and partnerships for Her Campus at South Carolina. She also writes articles for Her Campus at South Carolina regularly. Julia is currently a sophomore at the University of South Carolina majoring in Elementary Education. In her free time, Julia likes to read, watch movies, and hang out with friends and family. She loves playing card games and supporting her siblings in all of their accomplishments.