This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Self-love is defined as a regard for one’s own happiness or well-being. It will allow your mind, body and soul to flourish. Luckily, there are many easy ways to practice self-love every day. Try out these self-lovin’ tips and see how they work for you.

1. Take a hot bath.

If you really want to step up your relaxation, buy a bath bomb and some candles and let yourself unwind for a bit.

2. Go for a walk with no time constraint or destination.

Walks can be relaxing and the perfect place to be able to get out of your head and enjoy your surroundings. Walking without a plan can reveal a quiet, new place to take time to yourself.

3. Meditate.

Meditation may be difficult because you think you always have to be doing something, but getting in touch with your breath and your body helps calm the soul.

4. Eat that pizza slice.

If you’re really craving that slice or cupcake, go for it – #yolo. Might as well enjoy it.

5. Be assertive without worrying about how you sound.

Time to say what you feel and assert yourself. Don’t be afraid to go after what you want – you’re the only person who is going to always have your back.

6. Dance for fun.

Dancing relieves stress and is fun. Dance more, worry less.

7. Dress sexy and believe you are.

Dress how you want because you are beautiful and you should flaunt it.

8. Know that you’ve done enough in life to be proud of yourself.

Life is hard enough without the pressure from yourself and society. You’ve already made it this far and you should be proud of everything you’ve accomplished because YOU DID IT!

9. Use these affirmations.

1. I am beautiful.

2. My voice is valuable and my opinion matters.

3. The universe is conspiring to help me succeed.

4. I feel completely comfortable with myself and accept myself with love, respect and appreciation.

5. I feel at peace with my appearance.

6. I embrace my flaws knowing that nobody is perfect.

Self-love deserves to be practiced daily. Be sure to put yourself first because you deserve it. 

Cooper Crews

South Carolina

Cooper is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying public relations. Some of her favorite things are Harry Potter, adrenaline filled adventures, being outdoors, loving on her rescue pup Charlie and binge watching Netflix. After graduation, she hopes to travel the world and find her dream job in public relations. 
Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.