Photo of Esteé Lauder products for campaign article
Original photo by Danielle Wallace
Style > Beauty

You *Need* To Try This Skincare Routine The Next Time You’re Having a Self Care Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

After a stressful week filled with group projects and exams, a relaxing night is exactly what I need to feel refreshed again! I always look forward to the nights where I can do my deep skincare routine. Finally, my skin can feel revived and baby soft again! In this article, I’m going to be sharing my step-by-step skin care routine and the best products from Estée Lauder to use to get your skin feeling clean again. 

• Wash Face and Cleanser
    • I like to start with a clean base before doing anything to my skin like my skincare routine or makeup. I go in with a cleanser. Estée Lauder has amazing options when it comes to cleansers as well including the 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser. I like to rub in little circles around my face in order to really help the product absorb into the skin and minimize the look of pores.
    • Lotion/moisturizer
      • In order to prep the skin for shaving, I like to use lotion or a moisturizer to soften the skin. The Estée Lauder’s Radiant Essence Lotion smells great and is perfect for this. Usually, I use my hands to rub the product all over my face. This nutrient-rich, hydrating product prevents redness and reduces excess oil. 
      • Shave face
        • Using one of those face shavers for women, I begin shaving my face. It gets rid of all the peach fuzz, baby hairs, and dead skin on your face, leaving it feeling nice and soft. 
        • Face mask
          • After rinsing my face after shaving, I like to apply a face mask. I think face masks, sheets or cream are so much fun and have great benefits for your skin! Estée Lauder has some of my favorite face masks that help detox the skin and leave a natural, glowy look. Their Nutritious Melting Soft Creme/Mask is phenomenal for strengthening and refining the skin.
          • Wash your face again
            • The final step is just simply washing your face again. I learned recently that using old towels can harm the skin, so nowadays I would pat my face dry with a freshly clean towel or paper towel instead.  

Taking a night to reset and focus on yourself is necessary every once and awhile. My skincare routine helps me better relax and forget about my life stressors. I hope you can take a night as well to take care of your skin, mind, and body! 

Avona Le

South Carolina '25

Hi! I'm the Editor in Chief at the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. I oversee all articles published by our chapter and even write some of my own! I'm currently a junior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, majoring in Marketing and Finance with a concentration in Business Analytics. I want to pursue a career in marketing analytics or market research. In my free time, I love to try new restaurants, hang with friends and go on walks. I am always down to catch an amazing view of the sun or the stars!