This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.
The Lalacoat Watch Brick Wall
Her Campus Media

For years, I’ve seen cute winter outfits all over Pinterest. With numerous deals and sales coming into full swing, here are the perfect clothing options to upgrade your style this winter season.

1. Plaid
    • Plaid is extremely fashionable for this time of year. Flannels and other forms of plaid can turn a plain outfit into something that screams the holiday season. You can find plaid options pretty much anywhere. You can get it from a thrift store, American Eagle, Sam’s Club, and more.
  2. Sweaters
    • Sweaters are the perfect way to make a comfy, but cute winter outfit. Sweaters are great outfit options because they are cute without being uncomfortable. Whoever said that you need to sacrifice comfort for chic was wrong when it comes to my favorite item to wear for the holiday season. Sweaters are extremely popular this time of year and they are extremely easy to access. You can find them anywhere from TJ Maxx, American Eagle, thrift stores, Walmart, and more.
  3. Leather
    • Leather clothing items from pants to jackets make a perfect Gossip Girl inspired fit for this season. Pairing leather pants with a sweater is the perfect way to achieve that casual holiday party look with minimal effort. Leather is a cool and trendy way to add some edge to your style during the winter months. Leather clothing items are a bit harder to find than the ones listed above, but Amazon definitely has some options, and I’m sure there are other places too.
  4. Boots
    • I think that it’s a given that boots are a staple during the winter season. Boots take an outfit from bland to grand with little effort. Boots are versatile and comfortable, making it a perfect addition for any outfit. You can find a plethora of options at any shoe store.
  5. Uggs
    • Uggs are the perfect shoe for achieving style with little effort. Uggs are soft, comfortable, and versatile. Uggs are coming back into trend this season with their Tasman Slipper. They’re a bit on the pricey side however they last a while. Uggs will also make great presents for this season. You can get Uggs at most shoe stores and on the Ugg website.
  6. Puffer Jackets
    • These jackets are a perfect way to stay warm this holiday season without ruining a cute outfit. It can give a bit of pop for any casual outfit as well.The best part about these jackets is obviously having pockets! You can find these jackets at many clothing stores or Amazon.

I hope this list helps to make your holiday wish list!

Julia Avitabile

South Carolina '26

Julia Avitabile is the vice president of Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. She is also a writer for Her Campus at South Carolina. She organizes meetings and partnerships for Her Campus at South Carolina. She also writes articles for Her Campus at South Carolina regularly. Julia is currently a sophomore at the University of South Carolina majoring in Elementary Education. In her free time, Julia likes to read, watch movies, and hang out with friends and family. She loves playing card games and supporting her siblings in all of their accomplishments.