This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Halloween is that one time of the year where it’s socially acceptable to dress as a witch or a wolf at your local Walmart. Some people spend this iconic holiday gathering as much candy as they can, while others spend it at home alone in their bed. Whatever your preference may be, check out these seven ideas below with ideas on how you should spend your time on the scariest night of the year. 

Do A Movie Marathon! 

All the Halloween classics or the worst horror movies ever made? Take your pick. Some of my favorite Halloween classics include Halloweentown, Twitches, and Scream.

Face Painting

Gather a group of friends and use makeup or paint to transform each other into whatever creature you want! My friends and I did this before and it was a lot of fun. I got turned into a dog, and my friends were a cat and cow.

Go To A Haunted House

Choose to go to either a real haunted house or a fake one to get the fright of your life. 

Make A Bonfire

Either go to or make your own bonfire with friends! Make some delicious s’mores and tell some scary stories. I love bonfires; I think they create a cozy and warm environment where everyone can relax and just enjoy spending time together.

Do A Costume Fashion Show

Throw a fashion contest to show off your cutest or scariest costumes! Take pictures of your incredible looks and post them to Instagram for all to admire.

Try Out A Corn Maze

Have fun by getting lost in a corn maze with your friends and (hopefully) finding your way out. 

Pumpkin Stuff! 

There is so much you could do with pumpkins including smashing them, carving, painting, or cooking them. On campus this year we had so many pumpkin related events, it was more than I could ever attend. It’s a good way to get your hands a little dirty while making precious memories with your friends.

Avona Le

South Carolina '25

Hi! I'm the Editor in Chief at the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. I oversee all articles published by our chapter and even write some of my own! I'm currently a junior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, majoring in Marketing and Finance with a concentration in Business Analytics. I want to pursue a career in marketing analytics or market research. In my free time, I love to try new restaurants, hang with friends and go on walks. I am always down to catch an amazing view of the sun or the stars!