This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Once the calendar hits April, you can consider it almost summer. It won’t be too much longer until the sun starts setting later and the weather is nice enough to spend the entire day outside. With that in mind, we can also start considering our new summer ‘fits to debut. As the Y2K looks are starting to fade, new ones are on the rise. Here are my summer 2023 trend predictions:

Low-rise pants: This look has been on the rise for quite a while. From low-rise jeans to low-rise cargos, I think these are definitely staying in style throughout the summer. Paired with almost any top, looser-fitting pants seem to compliment almost any top. Here are some examples:

Simple tank tops. You can never go wrong with a simple tank. Plain scoop neck tops, ribbed and cotton tanks, and more — I think these will be closet staples this summer. Paired with a maxi skirt or trousers, you can dress these tank tops up or down. Appealing to both comfort and style, I’m already stocking up. Here are some examples:

Oversized blazers. Blazers have been on-trend for a bit now. While some may argue they’re going out of style, I’d argue that oversized blazers are on the rise. They can be worn as a dress, with tights and boots, or with a pair of loose pants. Either way, these closet staples elevate any look. Here’s an example:

Headbands. I’ll admit — this look took a little while to grow on me. But now that it has, the “athletic headband” look is definitely coming back. Usually worn with your hair down and slicked back, cotton and athletic headbands are in style. They truly elevate any sporty or casual look.

With trends and fads always changing, why not try out a new look?

Sarah Heyman

South Carolina '24

Sarah is the social media manager and a writer for the South Carolina Her Campus chapter. She manages all social media and posts content for her chapter. Sarah also writes editorial articles regularly. Sarah is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying Marketing. In her free time, Sarah likes to work out, spend time with family, and try new foods.