This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Name: Riley Brady

Hometown: Midlothian, Virginia

Year: Junior (Graduating May 2016)

Age: 20

Major: Marine Science, Minor in German

Relationship Status: Single and looking for function dates

HerCampus South Carolina chose Riley Brady as this week’s Campus Cutie because he is the most adorable guy you will ever have the chance of meeting. He’s cultured, a hopeless romantic, has an incredibly bright future, and a great sense of humor. He’s basically perfection.

What are you involved in on campus? “I am a member of Beta Theta Pi and have been an undergraduate researcher for two and a half years now, which takes up most of my time. I also present to U101 classes about research.”

What’s your favorite pick up line? “My favorite one to use on Tinder is ‘girl, you a beaver?’ ‘cuz dam.’ It’s worked.”

What do you hope to pursue in the future? “My current goal is to get my Ph.D from MIT in Boston, which has one of the best programs in the world for Marine Science. I’d spend half my time in MIT and half my time at Woods Hole on Cape Cod. I’ll be applying next fall, so I have a lot to do. Maybe in the future I’ll be a professor or work for the government; we’ll see how it goes.”

Favorite food? “I love a good steak dinner and mashed potatoes. Sadly, my college budget doesn’t allow for it very often, but one day it will.”

What do you find more attractive in a girl? What’s something you look for? “I like a girl who can just not care and have a good time. There are so many girls who are so worried about how they look and how they act. But I like a girl who are cool with being wild, can have a real good conversation. When it hits the weekends she’ll go all out but she can still sit down, have dinner, and can have a good, real conversation”

WCW? “A new, cute USC girl every week.”

Tell us something cool about yourself. “Well one cool thing about me is that I’ve travelled to 10 countries and in that time, I’ve camped out in the Mediterrean, and went hang-gliding in the Swiss Alps. There were some other cool things about my trips but I can’t have them in writing. Let’s just say I partied in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Prague, and Vienna. I’m also a Folk/Reggae/Bluegrass musician. I play the guitar, harmonica, banjo, mandolin, and I also sing. I’ve played a couple times in Russell and Bills Pick and Parlor. I’m actually running for Homecoming King on Thursday, October 16th and will be performing there, so make sure to come check me out!” Who doesn’t love a guy who can sing? Make sure to vote for him ladies!!

Most embarrassing story? “In high school I was not very fashion conscious, at all. I was track runner so all I cared about was track. So all I wore was basketball shorts and a track t-shirt every day. So one day in the winter, I decided to wear something other than a track outfit. I rolled into class with cargo pants not realizing how bad that was. My friends were just like dude, what are you wearing?” Note: He hasn’t worn cargos since.

Favorite quote? “I don’t need fun to have a drink.”

Favorite movie? “Late 90’s comedies: Tommy Boy, Happy Gilmore, Water Boy, Big Daddy, any late 90’s Adam Sandler. Not a fan of his new stuff though. “

Favorite TV Show? “I love Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, Nathan For You because it’s the most awkward show, and Community.”

Favorite music genre/artist? “I’d say my three favorite bands are Soja, John Butler Trio, and Grateful Dead.  I also like Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Childish Gambino, and Chance the Rapper. I like listening to Reggae, Folk, and Jam Bands. I guess you can say I’m kind of a hippie.”

USC '17 Broadcast Journalism and Business Administration