Kylie Jenner’s Crazy Photoshoot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Well, it seems as though Kylie Jenner is back at it with another magazine cover that’s startling to say the least. In her December Interview magazine cover, Jenner is photographed rigidly while posing like a still-moving doll. Now just a few months later, she has released multiple Instagram photos from her recent shoot with Paper magazine where she is seen, again, posing like a doll. Except this time, she has taken a comic book, 80’s rocker turn. Honestly, I’m excited to see these pictures in print on April 12th. In the meantime, here are my thoughts on these marvelous pictures.

1. I sense a rocker-chic vibe here. It reminds me of an 70’s or 80’s rock band cover album photo. Dare I say Kylie might even be a Mick Jagger fan?

2. Woah, a real-life Kylie Jenner 2016 Andy Warhol inspired painting? Could it be true? This is all just too much!

3. The abominable snowman, is that you? Oh no, my bad! That’s just Kylie Jenner in a luxurious electric blue fur blanket. 

4. “You talkin’ to me, bitch? Also, turn the heat down, I’m already too hot for my fur coat.”

5. When the photographer doesn’t even get your vision: “No, it’s supposed to be like a weird comic book. Are we even on the same page here?”

6. Clearly saving the best for last. I am guessing that Kylie had just seen the proofs for her feature in Paper magazine when this picture was taken. Kylie turns to the photographer and exclaims, “Beautiful, it turns out we were on the same page all along!”

Disclaimer: I’m no Kylie Jenner expert, so there’s not way to tell if these were the actual thoughts going through her head. But, I’ve always been able to read a face pretty well, so I’d take these guesses pretty seriously. 

Lexi Hill

South Carolina '18

Lexi is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying multimedia journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to the city where she can pursue a creative career and grow old with her pet pug.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!