samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Final(s) Stretch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Mental breakdowns at 2 a.m. in the library, desperate emails to your professor for extra credit points, and a planner so filled you can barely read your own writing.

If this sounds all too familiar, we have some good news: you are not alone!

Preparing for finals is undoubtedly one of the most stressful points in the entire semester. All we can think about is reuniting with friends at home, mom’s home cooked meals, and relaxing in front of the TV (watching every one of ABC Family’s 25 days of Christmas movies, obviously.) 

That being said, finals are also one of the most important times in the semester to be on your A-game. Literally.

As tempting as it may be to throw your geography textbook out the window and forget about the 196 countries you need to memorize, you need to realize that you’ve been working too hard all semester to throw it away now.

Remember that first week of the semester when you bought all the books and promised yourself that you’d do every reading and homework assignment? Yeah, us too. It didn’t happen, did it? You know as well as we do that with every week that passed since August, the amount of motivation to do that extra page of homework or stay on campus for that late night study session decreased. 

Now’s the time to rewind to that first day of class. Back to when you didn’t hold a grudge against your professor for the bad grade he gave you on that essay. It’s time to put your best foot forward.

This might mean you have to miss a Monday at Pavs to hibernate in the library…so be it. Something tells me you’ll thank yourself later. 

Keep up the hard work and finish out the semseter strong! You can do it, we know you can!

Eliza Lynch

South Carolina

Sophomore Public Relations major with a psych minor, originally from Trumbull, Connecticut. go chi omega & even more importantly go cocks!!!!
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!