This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Who’s ready to no longer have to walk through what feels like a sauna? I know I’m done feeling like I have to take at least three showers everyday. Being able to actually wear makeup that won’t just melt off my face will be so nice. Autumn season is when I feel like I’m the most put together, and it’s not just because of the seasonal drinks at Starbucks. I know we all been looking forward to those pumpkin spice lattes!

There’s nothing like putting together a FIRE outfit that you won’t sweat in or freeze in. Everyone looks their best in the fall. From different pants to fun sweaters, the fall season gives you so many options. I think the reason why we look so good is because of layering.

Sweaters and jackets go over tanks and oversized sweatshirts over leggings with boots. There are so many variety and especially with the addition of cozier shoes, there’s no way you can’t mix and match pieces to never wear the same outfit twice.

My favorite staples this year will definitely be leggings and different colored sweaters. I’m so excited to go thrifting for more fun pieces to pair together. However, the what I’m MOST excited to bring back is fuzzy socks! I can’t lie and say I haven’t worn them a couple of times in the summer, but they will definitely be worn all of the time now.

My second favorite item to bring back will be beanie caps. Not only are they essential to keeping you warm, they pull together outfits and so efficiently hide a bad hair day!

If I can say anything about this time of year, it would be to not stress about having the name brand clothes. You don’t need to buy that super expensive Free People off-the-shoulder sweater that seems like everyone is wearing. You don’t have to buy those Abercrombie jeans that cost as much, if not more, than a Hozier concert ticket.

Find love in getting dupes. Get those Amazon UGG knockoffs, and wear them with pride. As mainstream as it is now, you can even find those popular items while thrifting. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you feel good in what you are wearing. Have fun with it, and look and feel your best this upcoming fall season. I can’t wait to see the fits!

“Life starts all over again when it gets

crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald

– F. Scott Fitzgerald
Jess Reynolds

South Carolina '26

Jess is a sophomore at the University of South Carolina. She is majoring in nursing and is a part of the creative and editorial teams of the USC Hercampus Organization chapter. She is also a part of the Women in Stem club and the Student Nursing Association. Jess was the president of her school chapter of Habitat for Humanity. She has won sociable and perseverance awards in the organization as well. She was also the Fundraising/Volunteer Co-chair of her school’s Help A Hound club as well. She loves connecting with others and shares a goal of empowering women. Her hobbies include doing anything artistic and being surrounded by nature. Jess loves Hercampus and can’t wait to learn and grow into more of an extraordinary woman!