The conflict between presidential hopefuls Ted Cruz and Donald Trump became personal, following an ad bashing Melania Trump as a future first lady.

The pro-Cruz advertisement showed Mrs. Trump posing naked on a bearskin rug. It was originally taken from the cover of GQ magazine that she had posed for during her modeling career.

Trump took the advertisement as a direct attack by Cruz, and fired back with a threat referencing Heidi Cruz:

In reality, conservative SuperPAC “Make America Awesome,” was responsible for the advertisement, not Cruz’s campaign.

Cruz responded to Trump with a tweet of his own:

“Pic of your wife not from us. Donald, if you try to attack Heidi, you’re more of a coward than I thought. ‪#classless

But of course, Trump doesn’t believe “Lyin Ted:”

Heidi Cruz is a Senior Executive for Goldman Sachs, and a Harvard Alumnae. She has taken leave from her position to support her husbands campaign and become a prominent fundraiser.

“Well, as you probably know by now, most of the things, many of the things others say are not based in reality,” commented Mrs. Cruz.

Trump’s campaign has not commented on the feud.

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.