This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The spring season is the perfect time to curl up with a good book and enjoy the warm weather. In this article, I will be recommending five books that are perfect for spring reading. So grab a cozy blanket, pour yourself a cup of coffee, and get ready to dive into these amazing reads!

1. Far From the Tree by Robin Benway

I’m currently reading this book, and it quickly shot up to the top spots on my list. It is a heartwarming and thought-provoking young adult novel that explores the complexity of family, love, and identity. The story focuses on three biological siblings who were separated at birth and reunited as teenagers. Each of them have their own struggles, but they learn to lean on each other, and their newfound bond helps them navigate the challenges of their lives.

Benway’s book discusses so many difficult topics such as adoption, teen pregnancy, and LGBTQ+ identity with grace and compassion. The characters are so authentic and lovable. The novel beautifully captures the messy, imperfect, but ultimately fulfilling nature of family relationships. 

2. Atomic Habits by James Clear

Spring is the perfect time to establish great habits. Atomic Habits by James Clear is an exceptional book that provides practical advice for building good habits and breaking bad ones. The book is filled with real-life examples, scientific research, and tips that can help anyone improve their daily habits and achieve their goals. I highly recommend Atomic Habits for anyone looking to improve themselves and develop strong habits. 

3. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon 

This book exploded in popularity a few years ago, but I still think it’s a great book for the springtime. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon is a captivating novel that will leave you feeling hopeful and inspired. The story explores themes of fate, love, and the interconnectedness of our lives through a love story between a Jamaican girl and a South Korean guy. Overall, it’s a wonderful read that I would highly recommend to anyone — but be sure to have some tissues nearby. 

4. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen 

I think the movie is better, but the book is still great. Flipped is a very short and easy middle school grade book about first love. It is a story that will leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling by exploring the complex themes of family, friendship, and the difficulties of growing up.

5. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

This is a nonfiction read that challenges the popular notion that success is solely the result of individual talent and hard work — it argues, rather, that success is often heavily influenced by external factors. Gladwell examines the stories of some of the world’s most successful people, including Bill Gates and the Beatles. He discusses how their success was not simply the result of innate talent, but rather a combination of unique circumstances and opportunities that allowed them to excel. I was so fascinated about this book, as it offers a fresh perspective on the nature of success and I highly recommend it!

Avona Le

South Carolina '25

Hi! I'm the Editor in Chief at the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. I oversee all articles published by our chapter and even write some of my own! I'm currently a junior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, majoring in Marketing and Finance with a concentration in Business Analytics. I want to pursue a career in marketing analytics or market research. In my free time, I love to try new restaurants, hang with friends and go on walks. I am always down to catch an amazing view of the sun or the stars!