18 Must-Haves for A Great Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

With spring break one agonizingly long week away, its time to start thinking about what you need to pack for a week filled with sun, sand, and fun!

1. First Aid Kit – we all know that person who is a crisis magnet. So, to combat their natural bad luck, bring a first aid kit so no one has to make impromptu trips to CVS for a Band-Aid.
  2. Aspirin – On that note, don’t forget Aspirin, or your favorite headache medicine! Without it, you’ll be miserable when you get a headache from the sun, or (even worse) a hangover.
  3. Sunblock, Tanning lotion/oil, and Aloe (yes, you need all three) – I don’t mean to sound like your mom, but don’t forget your sunscreen! For those of you who don’t tan well, aloe will be a lifesaver. After all, no one wants to be so burnt that they look like a lobster!
  4. Cash – this one is important. A lot of bars and clubs will have a cover charge, and you do not want to be that person holding up the line because you forgot cash! Bringing a set amount of cash can also help you save money if you limit yourself to the amount you take out.
  5. Protective phone case – we all cherish our phones, and just imagine all the damage that can be done at the beach: there’s sand, water, concrete… just about anything you can think of. So, its time to invest in an otter box or life proof case.
  6. Cheap speakers – because what’s better than hanging out on the beach or by the pool, a drink in your hand, and your favorite music playing in the background while you watch all the cutiea walk by.
  7. A cooler – you need to bring one of these, not only for drinks, but you can also put your lunch in it for the day. That way, you don’t have to stop relaxing, or partying, all day!
  8. Comfy shoes – Bring one pair of each kind of shoes: flip flops, wedges, nice sandals, and sneakers. That way, you’ll be ready for whatever your spring break throws at you!
  9. Disposable camera – Yes, taking pictures on your cell is more convenient, but having a disposable camera around is a fun way to preserve the SB memories forever! Plus, when you get them developed, you can get multiple copies to share with your friends!
  10. Ice packs/No-Melt Ice Cubes – These stay cold longer than regular ice cubes, plus you won’t have to spend money on ice every day to fill your coolers and keep your drinks cold.
  11. Beach blankets – Bring a blanket or two for the beach, that way you can use your towel for drying off after a dip in the water and it won’t get sand all over it afterwards! Plus, if you use the same one, that’s less laundry to do when you get back!
  12. Waterproof makeup – This way, you can apply it once in the morning and be good to go all day, even if you want to take a dip! Also make sure to get makeup with SPF for extra protection.
  13. Bathing suits – Well, this is self-explanatory. Just make sure to bring more than one, because chances are you won’t be able to do laundry all week.
  14. Extra pair of sunglasses – Make sure to bring multiple pairs of shades, and leave the expensive ones at home! Its so easy to leave sunglasses in the sand or to misplace them while you’re on the beach, and you do not want to be in the sun without sunglasses, or have to buy another pair.
  15. Towels – Yes, the hotel might have some complimentary towels, but nothing compares to a big beach towel to keep you dry and warm.
  16. A water bottle – Okay so I know no one wants to be drinking water on spring break, but it is important to stay hydrated if you’re going to be in the sun for long periods of time. A water bottle is also great if you decide to work out while on break!
  17. Koozies – To keep your drink cold while you get tan, of course!
  18. A light jacket – I know it’s hard to imagine it getting cold on spring break, but we cant control the weather and sometimes it does. This is why you should bring a light jacket or sweater, or even a rain jacket if you have the room!
I'm energetic, outgoing and loud full time student at USC with a keen interest in Broadcast Journalism and all things NBA