10 Thoughts We All Have When Walking Into Ulta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

We all get that overwhelmingly exciting feeling when walking into Ulta. We also know that the moment you walk in, some s**t’s about to go down.

1. You walk in and all the employees greet you, making you feel like you just walked into your second home. 

2. They ask you if you need a bag. You probably shouldn’t take one but you do because you know you won’t be leaving with just one thing. 

3. You immediately smell the perfume and casually spray 5 or 6 different ones on the sample strips. You definitely need a new signature scent. 

4. One of the employees asks you if you need any help. Your mind goes blank. What did you come in here for again?

5. Oh yeah, you need lipstick. They then go into showing you all the new, amazing, and slightly expensive lip products and ask you if you want to try on a few. 

6. You try on a pretty nude color that you think might work. NOPE. 

7. Then you try on a questionable purple color that might make you look like a pre-teen but you look in the mirror and BOOM, it looks magnificent on you. 

8. You decide to buy it because it makes you feel like Beyoncé. And four other things because they are running a buy two-get-two free deal. And some travel size mascara. And a charcoal facemask. 

9. When you walk up to the counter, there is a moment of regret.

10. But then you realize that tomorrow you’re going to wake up feeling fabulous as f*ck with all your new goodies. 

Haley Nelson

South Carolina

Haley Nelson is a full-time student, part-time yogi, and professional Amazon shopper. She is a South Carolina native who dreams of traveling anywhere and everywhere. Follow Haley on Instagram at @haynelsonx.
SC Contributor

South Carolina