10 Signs You’re A Basic Carolina Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The University of South Carolina is such a great place to be. It is so great that sometimes we don’t even realize how basic half of the things we do are. Let’s face it, chances are if you’re a student at USC you’ve shamelessly done most of these things. At least we don’t go to Clemson though…

1. You’ve posted a Snapchat story of a parking ticket with the caption saying something along the lines of “gotta love Columbia.” 

It’s as if our snapchat followers have never seen a parking ticket before, and what do we expect when we post that story? Sympathy? A cookie? A pity party?

2. You’ve woken up earlier than 8 am to tailgate for a noon football game and didn’t even make it to the game. 

Wake up, get chick fil a breakfast if you’re lucky, drink mimosas, drink a couple too many mimosas, finally make it to the frat lots, an hour goes by, and the next thing you know you’ve woken up in your bed (hopefully) at 6 p.m.

3. You’ve laughed at someone for tripping on the bricks, and then done the exact same thing.

They’re so damn uneven, it’s inevitable. Don’t laugh at your fellow peers for tripping, you will do it too.

4. You’ve posted a snap story of the weather being higher than it typically is in the fall or spring.

85 degrees in February? *All over everyone’s snap stories while laying out at the pool*

5. If you’re in greek life, you’re normally always wearing your letters somewhere on your body or your backpack.

6. You’ve gone to Pav’s on a Monday. You’ve gone to Village Idiot on a Tuesday. You’ve gone to Horseshoe on a Wednesday. 

And you’ve gone everywhere on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Five Points, gotta love it.

7. You’ve been stopped by a train almost every day while going to class. You’ve then used this as an excuse to not go to class and turned around and gone home.

I mean it’s better to never show up than to show up 10 minutes late right….?

8. You’ve seriously wondered why classes haven’t been cancelled because there’s a 10% chance of snow. 

9. You’ve gone to T. Coop library just to try to convince yourself you’re being productive and then have proceeded to watch Netflix in your cubicle.

10. You know that USC is the best school ever and you wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Forever to thee. 

Page Buckman

South Carolina

Page is a Public Relations major at the University of South Carolina. In her free time she enjoys watching Netflix, playing with her dog, and eating mozzarella sticks.
SC Contributor

South Carolina