This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Sebastian is 21 years old from Natomas, Sacramento. He is a 4th year at Sonoma State as a music major but specifically focuses on jazz piano. He is involved in FAASSU, vice president in 2014-2015 and was Friendship Games’ Games Captain in 2015. He enjoys hiking, music, playing basketball, and riding his bike. 

Her Campus: Describe yourself in three wordsSebastian Cardona: visionary, passionate, and loving 

HC: Favorite vacation spot?SC: San Diego, CA 

HC: Who is your Celebrity Crush?SC:Taylor Swift 

HC:What are your pet peeves? SC: People biting their nails to an extreme, like they really get into it. 

HC:Which shows do you recommend to binge watch?SC: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead 

HC: If you were a superhero who would you be and why?SC: Knight crawler because he can teleport.  

HC: What is a daily quote you live by?SC: Vibe, always keep a positive, simple, and fun environment. 

HC: Why music as your major?SC: I’ve been surrounded by music my whole life. My cousins played guitar and piano and everyone in my family loves to sing. Pretty much followed the tradition. Sophomore year in high school, I got the opportunity to perform for an open mic and it was nerve racking. When I sang the first line, everyone went wild. People loved it! The feeling of being on stage and seeing the audience reaction is what I love most. I started making YouTube videos.  

HC: Why did you decide SSU?SC: Because of the jazz program and it not too far from home. 

HC: Who do you look up to in the music industry?SC: Jamie Cullum, jazz pianist and singer.  

HC: What is a future goal of yours? SC: Be able to inspire people.

HC: What is your most memorable college experience?SC: Performing my biggest performance at FAASSU PCN. 

HC: What is your relationship status? SC: Taken for almost 5 years. 

HC:How did your girlfriend win your heart?SC: She was perseverant.  

HC:If you could give advice to your freshmen self, what would it be?SC: Don’t stop the hustle. 

If you want to see some of Sebastian and his amazing musical talents, check out his channel and his newest video here!

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.