diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Profile: Sammi Glatt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Sammi Glatt is a sophomore here at Sonoma State. You may recognize her if you recently attended Alpha Gamma Delta’s Lip Jam event in the GMC. Sammi was one of two AGD members who got the opportunity to organize and plan the fiercest competitions on campus. Her Campus got to know her a little better!

Her Campus: Where are you from?

Sammi Glatt: I am from Los Angeles, California. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley.

HC: What do you miss most about home?

SG: I miss my family most. I am really close to my family and have always been a home body. But that is part of the reason I moved so far away, I wanted to push myself to grow up.

HC: What has been your favorite part of your college experience so far?

SG: My favorite part of my college experience has been joining my sorority and getting involved on campus. I’ve made so many new friends, that have turned to family and I have matured immensely because of the positions I have taken on in my sorority.

HC: What is some advice you would give to incoming freshmen?

SG: Some advice I would give to incoming freshman would be to keep going. So many people come to Sonoma with a set thought of what it is going to be like and end up not experiencing what they wanted to. I have had many friends come and go from Sonoma and it has been one of the hardest things. So, my advice is to stay and give Sonoma a chance, experience everything you can, and GO TO CLASS! Sonoma is truly an amazing school and you have to really push yourself to see everything it has to offer. Get out there, go to the club meeting even if your friends aren’t interested. It will help you in the long run and it’s okay to be selfish.

HC: What is your favorite animal and why?

SG: My favorite animal is a dog because I grew up with them. Dogs brighten my day, if I’m having a bad day and I see a dog I instantly get happy. Especially my three dogs, I miss them so much.

HC: If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

SG: If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be, mac and cheese. I basically can already be found eating it at least once a day. It wouldn’t be that far of a stretch for me.

HC: How has being in a sorority helped you?

SG: Being in a sorority has seriously shaped me into who I am today. I have matured, expanded my horizons, and I am so much easier going. I was lucky enough to be the first sophomore ever selected to plan my sororities philanthropy event and that opened my eyes to so many things. It gave me confidence, courage, and most of all it made me the proudest I’ve ever been of myself. I have grown as a person because I have become friends with so many different groups of people, gotten involved in many things on and off campus with my sorority, and found my home away from home. I know that’s cliché but I really could not have moved as far as I did, if it wasn’t for Alpha Gamma Delta.

HC: Favorite spot on campus?

SG: My favorite spot on campus is the bridge by the lakes. It is so peaceful and gets ideas flowing in my head. I love the ducks by the water and just the quiet atmosphere.

HC: Favorite quote?

SG: My favorite quote is, “Give a girl the right pair of shoes, and she can conquer the world” Marilyn Monroe.

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.