This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

During our five week winter break I took it upon myself to read more and listen to audiobooks in order to expand my perspective of spirituality, life, love and travel, and to feed my imagination. To my surprise I found several books that provided me with wild imagery and life changing messages. Apps like Audible and Hoopla are great audiobook providers that cost little to no money where you can access hundreds of books from many genres. If you’re like me and don’t have as much time for full novels, try reading some enticing short stories from any genre using the Wattpad app. You’re sure to find something you like.

The Alchemist– Paulo Coelho

This is a story of an educated shepherd boy in Spain who shares an equal love for travel and his herd. In his dream he is told that he must go to the Pyramids in Egypt where he will find a treasure. The story is about his journey to find this treasure and love along the way. The book maintains a philosophical theme as well as deep life messages. (Hoopla)

Perfectly Imperfect–Baron Baptiste

This book is addressed specifically to yogi’s yet still covers life not only on the mat, but off the mat as well. Baron Baptiste shows that yogic principles are not only helpful in one’s yoga practice, but also valuable for everyday life. He gives details about simple techniques to improve your life and your practice. (Amazon)

Before–Nicola Marsh

The first short story to a series. This fictional short story is about a virgin and her quest to lose her virginity. After a long first year in college she goes with her brother to Australia where she meets a boy at the inn where they are staying.This story is relatable on so many different levels. Trust me, you won’t want to put this one down! The sexual tension is to die for. Get the full series on Kindle. (Wattpad)

Pleasure your mind with these thrillers and try out new types of genres to test your brain in new fun ways. You won’t regret it!

Hi I'm Ari. I love all things nature.There is beauty all around us, we just have to look to really see it. I love anything yoga, cheese, crystals, hula hooping, eating and traveling.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma