EF College Break – Travel made easy for college students like YOU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Are you ready to see the world but not sure if it’s in the budget?  Are you tired of looking at all the facebook albums from your friends studying abroad and wishing you could go somewhere too?  Nervous about going by yourself or have parents that are worried?  EF College Break has the perfect trip for you!

EFCB makes it simple to travel the world by combining your airfare, hotels, transportation, daily breakfast, tour guide, and various sightseeing all into one low college student price.  They make paying for the trips easy by allowing you to pay in full at sign up or putting you on a monthly payment plan leading up to your trip.  Since the company is aimed at college students they make sure to have special seasonal sales so you get the most for your money.

One of the best parts about traveling with EFCB is that you’re not alone.  Each trip has about 50 college-aged students, ages 18-26 both in school and out.  You can sign up for a trip with a group of friends or just go by yourself.  Either way you aren’t alone, and you have an experienced guide to show you through Europe and tell you where the best places to party are.   

So the first question you have to ask yourself is, where do you want to go and when?  All trips take place either over winter break for the best New Years you’ve ever had or in the summer time when school’s out and the living is easy.  The company has trips to Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and Costa Rica.  Each trip is designed to have activities that really focus on the culture of the country so you’re a true blue traveler, not a tourist.  Whether you want to take a cruise through the Greek Isles or zip line in the tropical trees of Costa Rica, EFCB sets up everything so you don’t have to worry about it.

Best of all:  you don’t have to drop your whole life to travel with EFCB.  Whether you have a summer job that you want to be back for or you want to make sure you can graduate on time by taking those extra classes, EFCB has both long and short trips to fit your time off.  Whether you only want to be gone 10 days or if you want to see all of Europe in 35 days, they have a trip that fits your time and budget!  Since the company isn’t focused on studying or classes, you won’t have to deal with the hassle of homework or classes or units that don’t transfer over.  It’s the perfect way to travel if you’re trying to make it out in four years.  

You might be wondering how I know all of this about EFCB (or why you should trust me) and that’s because I traveled with EF last summer and had the time of my life.  I spent 25 days traveling through Europe with the company and I went to about ten different countries total.  I signed up by myself, nervous and excited to meet new people and hoping that I would find at least one best friend to hang out with. 

While I had a bus full of 50 great people, 6 people come to mind when I think about my summer travels.  Two of them became some of my best friends and it just so happened we all signed up by ourselves.  It was like destiny.  Each night we would get ready and pick out each others outfits while drinking a bottle of wine (or beer!) and then hit the town looking for trouble (or Australian men).  We’d ask locals where the best bars were for the best deals and go out and meet people from all over the world.  We came across a lot of different kinds of people, some creepy, some normal, but most of all we stuck together and created some lasting memories and inside jokes.

I have recommended this company to all my friends trying to travel this summer.  It’s the safest way to travel while still having the freedom to do what you want; you don’t have a strict itinerary you have to stick to.  Check out their website and see where you could spend your next break!  For more info or a sweet discount code contact Sandy Schwarz at: alexandraschwarz@hercampus.com

Alexandra Schwarz is a senior at Sonoma State University located in Northern California. As a Communications major with a double focus in public relations and writing, she hopes to pursue a media career upon graduation in May of 2012. While attending Sonoma State, she has been an active leader for the campus in the Residential Life department in both the dorms and classroom life and was even invited to attend a national leadership conference (NACURH). When she's not managing the Sonoma State Her Campus branch, she spends her time traveling with EF College Break through her internship as a campus manager. She is also an active member in her sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, as well as a public relations intern for an art gallery. Her hobbies include crafting, traveling, reading, dancing, cooking, and trying new things. Fun fact: she has met Darren Criss of Glee!