This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Fall Break is here! That means only one thing ladies, VEGAS! Pack up your bag with your finest party dresses! Here are the guidelines to ensure a safe and memorable vacation in Sin City! 

1. Bottle Service at the Clubs – The girls are headed out for a night on the town wearing their hottest new outfits! Arrive at the club and a line down the whole block awaits you…Buzz Kill! You are going to spend money on drinks anyways so why wait in line for two hours before you do.  Although bottle service may seem pricey it is the way to go.
  2. Avoid Tacky Wedding Chapels – People do NOT go to Vegas to find a husband, period.
  3. CASH on hand for emergency situations – separate cash for pleasure and cash for emergencies.  This way you do not spend the emergency cash on that one more drink you don’t really need. If there is no emergency, perfect, wake up finding some hidden cash!
  4. Don’t gamble, unless you know how! Be adventurous and throw some of those quarters in the slots, other than that steer clear. It’s only fun and exciting when you are winning, but let’s face it, in the end the system will beat you. 
  5. Buddy system – never, ever go anywhere alone! And when I say buddy, I do not mean the creepy guy that has been stalking you at the bar.  All though this applies to every night, it especially applies in Vegas! No one wants to mimic “The Hangover search for lost friend” extravaganza.
  6. Book in Advance – Have a plan! Whether it’s a show or dinner, make sure to make reservations prior to your arrival.  Avoid trekking around in the desert heat looking for fun, while sweating off your perfectly done make up and wearing out your Louboutins!
Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.