This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

This place is anything but a Common Table.

2013 as always brings about the dreaded New Years Resolutions, so as I wrote my list this coming year I decided on two new “goals”:

1. I would visit Dedman more frequently
  2. I would try a new restaurant in Dallas area at least once a week

You maybe thinking, well those completely contradict each other but, number two has allowed me to see a whole new side of Dallas (plus has been a ton of fun). 

The first stop on my resolution was The Common Table, the welcoming atmosphere feels as though you are walking into a friend’s house to grab a beer. However, I guarantee your friend does not have the delicious food that they have here. Though they have a fun casual setting inside I would recommend sitting on the large outside patio.

My favorites for dinner would be the Avocado on the “Half Shell”, Spicy Shrimp Wrap, their out of this world Grill Cheese (never too old for that) and their match stick fries. All items on the menu are conveniently paired off with one of the million beers they have or a wine. The cocktail creations are an outstanding fun mixology that would fit you perfectly for a casual drink night or date night. Last but not least my final request for you to have a perfect evening here would be to bring a few friends and check and see when the live music night is.

Cheers!