An Open Letter To Khloe Kardashian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Hey, Khloe, say it’s true!  Now that you and your husband Lamar Odom have a home in Dallas, the rumors are flying that the opening of a Dash Boutique in your new hometown will not be far behind.  I just wanted to make sure to let you know what an awesome idea that would be.   Can’t you just picture a brand new Dash tucked in among the popular shops and restaurants in West Village?  The customers are  already there in droves, ready to beat a path to Dash-Dallas and, even better, West Village is nice and close to Southern Methodist University.

Here at SMU we take our fashion seriously.  Who says a collegiette can’t dress well while working towards a degree? If you’re having doubts about opening Dash Dallas just repeat: LOTS OF FASHIONABLE POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.

If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself. Come and visit us on campus one of these days, weekday or weekend, day or night. Don’t worry, you won’t be mobbed on campus.  At SMU, we’re used to mingling with celebrities.  Some of us are even fortunate enough to pray with George and Laura Bush on Sundays, and nobody ever bothers them.  We at SMU have good manners and a healthy respect for celebrities – and for bodyguards and Secret Service agents.

I have just one question for you Khloe.  The Kardashians don’t hate SMU, do they?  I mean, we all know that your sister Kourtney was a fellow Mustang early in her college career before she left us to finish her degree in Arizona.  I don’t mean to pry, but was it a rough math class? Long lines at the Umphrey Lee omelet station? Whatever Kourtney’s reason, we hear you, girlfriend! 

And, Khloe, there’s absolutely no need to worry about finding “the perfect employee.”  You’ll probably have heavy travel commitments, with Lamar’s NBA schedule and all, meaning you’ll also have a huge need for someone dependable to work at the store while you’re away. No problem, I have someone in mind who would really love to help you out.  All you need to do is contact Her Campus SMU and ask for Melissa. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.