burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Subtly Add Halloween to Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to get in the spirit! Even though there’s about two weeks left before the “big day,” it’s never too early to start preparing. Here is how to add Halloween to your life without being TOO extra (a little extra is okay).

1. Orange Eyeshadow

Photo via Ruhi Deshmukh

As one of the staple colors of Halloween, orange hues are perfect for fall. Pair it with a killer wing, and you’re on your way to feeling spooky!

2. Fishnet Stockings

Photo via Pexels

Fishnet Stockings are always a go-to when it comes to the perfect costume. Bring them out a little early and wear with your favorite skirt for a pre-Halloween look.

3. Purple Lipstick

Photo via Ruhi Deshmukh

When you’re feeling bold and adventurous, purple lipstick is the perfect choice. Now that it’s fall, you can break out the darker shades and still look perfect for every occasion. Whatever hue of purple you choose, you are sure to turn heads.

4. Flannel

Photo via Ruhi Deshmukh

Although it’s not particularly associated with Halloween, flannels are the perfect fall accessory when it’s too cold to not have a sleeves, but too warm to wear a jacket. Perfect with a black T-shirt or tank top underneath, you are sure to feel super seasonal in this outfit!

5. Black Nail Polish

Always a classic, black nail polish is the first step to getting in the Halloween spirit. If you’re feeling it, you can even add an orange or purple accent to really complete the look.

Photo via Unsplash

Want more from HCSMU? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Ruhi Deshmukh is a freshman at Southern Methodist University on the Pre-Business Track. Ruhi loves to eat and is always down for a food run. When she's not eating, napping, or watching TV she spends an embarrassing amount of time on Twitter laughing at memes.
We are the SMU Team.