How to Start Studying for Finals Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s the last week of class and then finals. We know some of you are probably feeling swamped by all the last minute assignments and tests professors are trying to cram in, but this is the perfect time to start looking ahead at your finals schedule. Finals are only one week away. I personally do not mind the finals period mostly due to how there are no classes. No more lectures, homework, or assignments! I always take the last week of class to start preparing for finals and I have two peices of advice to share for how to kickstart the study process:

1. My first piece of advice is to start writing out a study schedule. It is important when making a study schedule to not just write down “study calc” but to actually write down what specifically you are going to do. Write down something like “make flashcards” or “review homework assignments 1-5.” I truly think this makes a huge difference, as you are able to make your study schedule more tangible and you’re more likely to stick to it!

2. Another piece of advice: set reminders on your phone of what you’re supposed to be studying that day. I have reminders set for random hours of the day where I am supposed to review flashcards or read another chapter in a textbook.

Catherine Lehman is a senior at Southern Methodist University studying Psychology and English. When she is not neftlixing or chilling in her sorority house she can be found at Nekter eating an Acai Bowl.
We are the SMU Team.