Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it's time to focus on Christmas! December is here, bringing the start of all Christams countdowns. Advent calendars are a crafty way for you and your friends to help each other pass the time until Rudolf arrives.
- Poster paper
- Red & green construction paper
- Glitter glue
- Holiday stickers
- Each person will need 25 cards or roughly four pieces of construction paper. The paper will be cut into eight pieces, and then folded in half to make small cards.
- Decorate your cards to give to your friends. Label them 1-25 on the front. On the inside, write cute little activities for everyone to do to get in the holiday spirit. (Some ideas can be found below.) Seal the cards shut with a sticker.
- If four people are taking part in the project, then person number 1 will get card numbers 1, 4, 7, 10 and so on from one person and cards 2, 5, 8, 11 and so on from another person. This method allows each person to get cards from everyone evenly.
- Next, mount your cards on the poster paper in any fashion. A Christmas tree is always a good option, or a spiral is fun too.
- Decorate the open space on your poster in a fun holiday design.
- When the time comes to open your cards, it is fun to send a picture of the inside to your friends!
- Get a hot chocolate from Fondren Starbucks.
- Take a photo with the Dallas Hall Lawn Christmas tree.
- Listen to Christmas songs– Specifically Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You is an extra festive version.
- Watch ABC family's 25 Days of Christmas.
- 10 Days until Christmas! Listen to 10 of your favorite Christmas carols.
- Decorate your tree and document it with a picture.
- Eat a candy cane.
- Go sledding/ice skating.
- Go take a picture with Santa at the mall.
- Wear your favorite Christmas socks.