How to Improve Your Next Dining Experience: Dorm Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

We’ll take any advice on how to make the food at Arnold and Umph better. Check out these tips and must-have items for on-campus dining.

1. Take extra fruit back to your dorm! Always having an extra banana or apple around in your dorm makes for having an easy healthy snack always at hand!

2. Don’t be afraid to take away some toppings. Sometimes, I take a cup of chocolate chips back to my dorm so that I can sprinkle some on a banana with peanut butter, which makes for a tasty and healthy snack. So, be creative with your dining hall swipes!

3. Invest in quality dorm cookware. For Christmas, my mom gave me a microwave pasta maker, Fasta Pasta—and it has literally changed my life. It cooks pasta in ten minutes, which makes for an easy and quick dinner alternative to Arnold or Umph.

4. Ceramic microwave bowls: Not only are they cute and quaint, but they are super useful to have in a dorm. Some mornings I would bring back milk and cereal in to-go cups and eat in my dorm while watching Netflix. Other times, I would cook ramen in the ceramic bowl, rather than having to buy the styrofoam kind. These bowls save time when in the middle of a giant study sesh or when in need of a relaxing Saturday or Sunday morning.

We are the SMU Team.