HCSMU’s Favorite Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

October might be the month of scary movies and candy, but when it comes right down to it, we all know what it’s really about: the costumes. With less than 31 days left to plan and execute a phenomenal Halloween costume, allow the writers at Her Campus SMU to give you some much needed inspiration!

New and Old Taylor Swift

Look what you made me do you made me show you a costume that will put all others to shame.

Photo by Moriah Raisis

“101 Dalmatians”

Not only is this costume simple, but no matter how large your group is, they can join in on the costume.

Photo by Courtney Smith

The TARDIS

For all you “Dr. Who” fans out there, geek has never looked more chic.

Photo by Nicolina Franke

Skeleton

This one takes some serious makeup skill, but the results are so worth it.

Photo by May Bolte

The Powerpuff Girls

Grab an oversized shirt, a black belt and your two best friends, and suddenly you have a costume that’s everything nice.

Photo by Lauren Dudley

Greek Goddess

Do you have a white dress, jewelry and glittery makeup? Then you too can be a goddess.

Photo by Grace Reon

Alice and Belle

Go back to the time where for Halloween you just dressed up as a different Disney Princess each year.

Photo by Sydney Fellner

Taco and Hot Sauce

A.K.A., every Texan’s dream.

Photo by Nicolina Franke

Cheap costumes are great, and this one only costs the price of a lemon.

Photo by Sydney Fellner

Mac’s Place Order

Ever waited in line for half an hour for your chicken nuggets? Then this costume will speak to you.

Photo by Paige Hughes

Britney Spears

It’s Britney bitch! Get ready, because if “Toxic” comes on at whatever party you’re at, you’re pretty much expected to be on the dance floor.

Photo by Courtney Conner

Superman and Lois Lane

Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a Halloween couples costume classic!

Photo by Karna Small

Sydney Fellner is a junior at Southern Methodist University studying art history and arts management, aiming for a career in event planning. A Dallas native, Sydney loves green tea, glitter, and napping. Her most notable accomplishment is watching a video of pugs acting out Beauty and the Beast fifty times in a row. She cried at least half of those times. Instagram: @sydneyfellner
We are the SMU Team.