Carson Eisenhart, Editor of Dallas Stylistas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Carson Eisenhart knows a thing or two about fashion: As editor of Dallas Stylistas, fashion blogger of For the Love of Louboutin and employee of every girl’s dream shoe company—Christian Louboutin— we couldn’t think of a better person to have as this week’s campus celeb. Our favorite fashionista and shoe guru took a few minutes out of his stylish schedule to answer our Qs—here’s what he said!

How would you describe your style?
Upscale sportswear. I live in neutrals, black, camel, white, moss green. I’m constantly moving when I’m at work and I need to be comfortable but I also need to look sartorially relevant; essentially anything that Alexander Wang or Helmut Lang sells I’ll buy.

What was your favorite look from NYC fashion week?
Alexander Wang – which after my last answer surely comes as a huge surprise. Wang has an uncanny ability to know exactly what his customer wants season after season and is able to produce it in a way that is both on trend and capable of being produced for the trend-driven masses; plus his clothes are insanely comfortable and so flattering. Love. Apart from Alex Wang all my favorite shows are always in Paris, and this season has been no exception – Balmain, Givenchy, Stella McCartney and Rick Owens all presented stellar looks I wish I had in my closet right now.

What is your favorite trend for spring?
Oh my gosh peplum! Hands down! Is it the most wearable or versatile trend? I mean not really but when peplum is done right it is always a home run. Stella McCartney and Jil Sander are doing amazing things with peplum and I mean, did you see Michelle Williams at the Oscars in the Vuitton gown? Beyond. 

What is one shoe you think every girl should own?
A nude patent platform pump – the best one available is easily the Christian Louboutin Bianca 140mm. Nude is going to take you so much further than a black heel; it will elongate your legs and match with any outfit in your closet. Trust me. 

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.