Best (and Worst) Celebrity Costumes of Halloween 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It is now November, which means that spooky season is officially over :( But before you pull out your cornucopias and turkey recipes, let’s take a moment to appreciate the cute, funny and shocking costumes that celebrities put together for Halloween 2018. Here are some of the best and worst celeb costumes from this year’s Halloween festivities.

Best: Bella Hadid and The Weeknd

Photo via fashiontomax on Instagram

Nothing says Halloween quite like a good Tim Burton movie! Bella Hadid and the Weeknd put a fashionable twist on the 1988 movie “Beetlejuice” to create a unique couples costume.

Worst: Kylie Jenner

Photo via Kylie Jenner on Instagram

The Kardashian-Jenner fam is known for their outrageous costumes, but Kylie’s take on Barbie is at best unoriginal. Not only did thousands of girls wear identical costumes this year, but without the giant box the plain bodysuit makes it unclear what she’s supposed to be.

Best: Millie Bobby Brown

Photo via Millie Bobby Brown on Instagram

The “Stranger Things” actress made an adorable Princess Leia and this pic of her with the rest of the “Stranger Things” cast is definitely #squadgoals.

Worst: Mariah Carey

Photo via Mariah Carey on Instagram

It’s a known fact that Mariah Carey invented Christmas, but she clearly did not invent Halloween. The “sexy nurse” costume is way overdone and her bright pink wig is not doing the costume any favors. However, her makeup, like always, is on point.

Best: Lupita Nyong’o

Photo via Lupita Nyong’o on Instagram

If there’s one thing Lupita Nyong’o can do, it’s put together an iconic outfit. So it’s only fitting that she dressed up as Dionne from “Clueless,” one of the most iconic 90s fashion movies of all time.

Worst: George Clooney

Photo via Daily Mail

George Clooney apparently arrived to a Halloween party dressed in a moose suit. Not the most creative costume ever, but a 6 foot tall moose is definitely scary, so there’s that.

Best: Wiz Khalifa

Photo via Wiz Khalifa on Instagram

This year, Wiz Khalifa slicked back his hair and dressed as a modern day version of Elvis Presley. This was a very classy and stylish tribute to the old days of rock and roll.

Worst: Katy Perry

Photo via Hollywood Life

Katy Perry is known for wearing some unique outfits, but her sloth costume this year was less creative and definitely more on the cringe-y side.

Best: Rita Ora

Photo via Rita Ora on Instagram

Rita Ora’s Post Malone costume was spot on! Her fake tattoos, jewelry and perfectly styled beard show her attention to detail, making her a dead ringer for the popular singer/rapper.

Worst: Paris Hilton

Photo via Paris Hilton on Instagram

If you ever think that dressing as a “sexy” Furby is a good idea…then it may be time to reevaluate your life choices.

Best: Camila Mendes and Lili Reinhart

Photo via Camila Mendes on Instagram

These two actresses make an amazing team on Riverdale”, so it makes sense that they’re dressing up as another dynamic duo. Their Napoleon Dynamite” inspired costume is definitely worthy of the Best Couples Costume award.

Chloe is a sophomore at Southern Methodist University. She is from Dallas, TX and loves boba tea, good music, and all things fashion related.
We are the SMU Team.