yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

7 Dorm-Friendly Pumpkin Designs that Are Not Your Average Decor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Decorating pumpkins no longer has to require carving with a mini knife that breaks half way through and rinsing that pumpkin smell off your hands for days. Get crafty and make your creation last twice as long with these trendy ways to personalize your pumpkin.

1. Release the rainbow with puffy paint. Just spray paint your pumpkin white and go crazy.

2. Hungry? Turn your pumpkin into your favorite treat by spray painting your base color and paint away! Or make a personalized chalk board for fall. Just use chalk board paint and get orange and white chalk to update your board when desired.

3. If you can use a hot glue gun without bunring yourself, props to you! This craft was made for you. Take some spooky buttons or cut some of your favorite Halloween or fall images and make your desired pattern.

4. Post ACL depression? Take your left over flash tattoos and let your pumpkin remind you of the best fall break ever.

5. Stamps don’t have to stop with paper! Dip your favorite stamps in paint and create a cascade of leaves or polka dots.

6. Bring your pumpkin to life this Halloween… or bring your pumpkin back to life if you dare.

7. Go for the gold this fall and create some 24 karat pumpkins. Use quick dry sharpies or use a small paint brush with metalic paint to create the flashiest pumpkins around.

Don’t let the mess of carving pumpkins stop you from getting into the swing of fall. Take the glue gun, paint brushes, stamps, and spray cans and go crazy!

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.