November is officially upon us, which means that there is only a few more weeks of school! Some of you, like myself, may not have realized how fast the end of the semester has come, but I’m here to share a few tips and tricks to make the most of the last few weeks.
- Go to an SMU event that you normally wouldn’t! Take yourself out of your comfort zone. You never know, you may find a new interest!
- Take a progressive dinner! Not only are they incredibly fun for all involved, but they give you a chance to explore some new restaurants around the city!
- Explore Dallas! Highland Park can sometimes turn into a bubble where we only go to the same places in the nearest vicinity, but Dallas has some great gems. Go visit the balcony of Chase Tower or take a trip to the Perot Museum or maybe just hang a hammock and people watch!
- Road trips are also a great way to make some memories. I’ve known people who make last minute trips to Oklahoma or Fort Worth or Austin. Dallas is an amazing city to live in, but other cities have some amazing activities that are only a car ride away!
- Ball out. Treat yourself. You’ve almost made it through another semester and you’ve worked hard, so why not buy that thing you’ve had your eye on for a while!
The year is almost over, why not make the best of it with your best friends! You’ve worked hard; you’ve earned it to play hard!