Rainy days and crappy weather call for feel good movies. What makes you feel better than a childhood chick flick? These 10/10 throwback movies will transport you back to the 2000s in a matter of minutes.
1. Another Cinderella Story: Who doesn't love a good Cinderella story, especially with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray? I think Austin Ames was every girl’s first crush.
2. Aquamarine: I am sure we all have wished we were mermaids at some point. It started with The Little Mermaid, and continued with this teen flick.
4. Sleepover: Every young girl’s sleepover fantasies came from this movie. From the frozen bras to sneaking out, this chick flick has it all.
5. Princess Diaries: Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews brought to life every little girl’s dream of being a princess. This story of crowns and gowns is still the best transformation movie we’ve ever seen.
6. The Parent Trap: Most of us found our love for Lindsay Lohan and her “twin” in this adventure story. We also secretly hoped we had long lost twin of our own. Summer camp hacks, extensive handshakes and revenge plotting are all covered in this throwback.
7. Cheetah Girls: The Cheetah Sisters knew how to break it down and sing it out. We all know the songs by heart and probably dressed up as Aqua, Chuchie, Do or Bubbles at some point in our lives.
8. High School Musical: We’re all in this together when I say we’re still waiting for number four. Troy and Gabriella melted our hearts in these Disney movies. Be sure to check the sing and dance along versions, you never know when they might come in handy.
9. Cow Belles: If you say you weren’t a fan of Aly and AJ Michalka, you are lying. This Disney rom-com throwback forces material girls to get serious– something we all might need a little help with.
There are SO many more: Seventeen again, 13 Going on 30, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and The Lizzie McGuire Movie (which just came out on Netflix!) just to name a few.