Campus Cutie: Alyssa Kaplan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Smith chapter.

Name: Alyssa Kaplan

Year: 2016

Hometown: Newton, MA

House: Talbot

Favorite celebrity:

MIKA! I’m in love with him.

Favorite television show:

I barely watch TV, but I love Modern Family.

Best Smith memory:

Wow, I’m not sure how to pick one favorite memory, but I have a few that stick out. My favorites include getting sung into the Poofs, Mountain Day both my first and sophomore year, dinners on Chapin Lawn in the spring, and really just hanging out with the awesome friends I’ve made here.

Guilty pleasure:

Chocolate. But honestly, I don’t feel that guilty about it. So maybe it’s not a guilty pleasure after all!

Ideal Date:

Picnic!

Most embarrassing moment:

When I answer the phone I say, “Hi this is Alyssa,” and before I open the door to let someone into my house I call out “Who is it?” One time someone knocked on the door at my house, and without thinking I called out “Hi this is Alyssa!” Then, in an effort to save myself from embarrassment, I loudly pretended to be on the phone with someone before “hanging up” and then opening the door for the person. It was painfully uncomfortable.

If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?

Cam Jansen. I’ve always wanted to have photographic memory so she’s my idol (even though she is a fictional character).

Anna, originally from Portland, Oregon, is a junior at Smith and is a Religion and Psychology double major. Along with writing for HC, Anna spends her time singing in an a cappella group, watching The West Wing, wearing sweaters, browsing Buzzfeed, and reading in bed.