This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Meet, Liv McCall! Whether she’s working on projects or MOVE, participating in Campus Ministry programs, or leading tours, community is her passion. Read on to learn more about this week’s Campus Celebrity.

1. What are you majoring in? What are your plans for after graduation?

I’m a Sociology/Anthropology major with a Gender Studies minor, I love it! After graduation I plan on doing a year of service with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps or Americorps!

2. What clubs/activities are you involved in on campus?

I’m involved in a few MOVE programs and the Extended Service trips, they’re awesome! I’m also Vice President of the Student Association, a Tour Guide, and participate in Campus Ministry programs and retreats.

3. Why did you decide to come to St. Mike’s?

I came to St. Mikes because there was such a sense of community. I know everyone always says that, but it’s because it’s SO true! I feel so lucky to be a part of it all. I also love love love Vermont, and the MOVE office seemed like a lot of fun too!

4. What’s your favorite part about St. Mike’s?

Definitely the people. Everyone is always saying hi and checking in on each other. Oh and I really love the St Mike’s picnic tables when it’s warm out. My friends and I could sit out there all day!

5. What do you do for fun?

For fun, I love being with my friends. There’s so much to do in Burlington, so going down there and hanging out by the lake, getting something to eat, or checking out some music is always a blast.

6. Do you have any advice for underclassmen?

My advice for underclassmen is to get involved! By checking out lots of different clubs and programs, you get the opportunity to get to know all sorts of awesome people. So many of my close friends are people I met through MOVE, POW, Orientation, SA, and more. Plus you learn a lot from all the new experiences, and it’s all fun! 

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.