Eric Jaukkuri

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Meet our newest Campus Celebrity! Eric Jaukkuri is well-known on campus and not only is he one of the most involved students at Saint Mike’s; he’s also one of the friendliest! With his outgoing personality and love of all things Disney (his favorite movies are The Lion King, Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Finding Nemo) what’s not to love about this outgoing SMC senior?

What activities are you involved in on campus?
I am Co-Secretary of Programming for the Student Association, Founders Society Academic Day and Phone-A-Thon Coordinator, tour guide, LEAP Team Leader and Secretariat, on the Extended Service Committee, and involved in Campus Ministry.

What is your major?
I’m an English major with a so far unofficial Gender Studies minor.

What do you want to do after graduation?
Ideally, I’d love to have Marilyn Cormier’s job. I’m interested in human rights and equality issues and the human rights campaign would be the ideal place to work.

Who are you most influenced by?
Hands down my parents, my Mom and Dad; they’ve inspired me in more ways than one. I’m also influenced by Neil Patrick Harris and Ellen Degeneres.

What do you want your legacy at SMC to be?
I just want to be remembered for trying to make a difference and for being a nice person. We all make legacies and I’ve been helped by so many people.

What are three words to describe you?
Outgoing, passionate, and funny.

What is something that no one knows about you?
When I’m really down, I’ll pop in a Disney movie!

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.