This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

With Thanksgiving approaching, I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge a few new things I’m thankful for this year. Within just a few months, this wonderful school has become a new home, and truly deserves a little recognition.

1. My friends

This one goes without saying. I have met some of the most amazing people since August, for whom I am incredibly grateful. Thank you for all the movie nights, study sessions, support, and laughs. I love you people!

2. My floor and my RA

Thank you for all the smiles and joy you bring me! I love seeing all of your faces in the hallway. Also, thanks for never judging me when I sing poorly in the shower. You guys definitely deserve gratitude for that one.

3. People who hold doors for others

Honestly, this is one thing I’ve noticed that always brightens my day. It truly shows how friendly SMC students are!

4. Einstein’s 

There’s nothing better when I’m studying late in Dion! Thanks for the yummy snacks that provide students with the energy we need to crank out all our work (or most of it anyway).

5. My roommate

I don’t know how you deal with me, but I’m so thankful you do. I’m so grateful for all our late night talks and all the laughs you provide. You make this little room home!

6. All the opportunities to get involved

Saint Mike’s really makes sure its students become active members in the community. From volunteering to make baked goods to walking dogs, there’s so many different options to suit a wide variety of people.

7. The circulation desk at the library

Thank you for helping me find different resources for papers. You make research so much easier!

8. All the dogs on campus

Enough said.

9. Thanksgiving dinner at Alliot

There’s nothing more comforting than a holiday meal. It reminded me of my big family dinners at home. In that regard, it’s imperatively clear that Saint Mike’s is one big family!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.