This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

One of the most difficult and annoying things on the weekend is when you and your girls get together, but don’t know what to do with your time. Google, Pinterest and TikTok never provide enough ideas to last you through the night. So, I am here to suggest some things to save you the time for research.

1. Make personal pizzas

This is a super fun activity and is quite inexpensive. You can buy crust from the grocery store and all of your favorite toppings. Then turn your speaker on, preheat the oven and jam while you cook an easy and delicious dinner together.

1. Card games

Target sells a bunch of different card question games. These are fun when you just want to sit and chat but need some prompts to get the ball rolling. Some of the card games that I have enjoyed are For the Girls, Let’s Get Deep and Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. These games can take however long you want—from around 15 minutes to hours on end if you choose to keep playing. They are definitely a fun way to chat with your friends while doing something else to help keep the conversations going and defeat boredom.

1. Get matching pajamas

This can be a fun inexpensive shopping trip to Five Below or Target to get some cute PJs. They set a fun vibe and you can take fun pictures for your Instagram together! Making a Pinterest board for this activity is a good idea so you can pick what pajamas you like and look at cute poses to do while in them. This simple activity brings a lot of joy and creates fun memories. 

1. Drink or board nights

These became popular on TikTok a few months ago. It is when each friend brings a board with fun drinks or charcuterie items on them. Everyone gets to try something different, making bringing food easy and fun.

1. Go on a drive

This is the best at night time when you can roll the windows down and scream Taylor Swift at the top of your lungs. You can create a joint playlist on Spotify so that everyone can choose songs and drive around town.

1. PowerPoint Nights

This involves every one of your friends making a PowerPoint about literally anything. It could be about your friend group, celebrities or more! I once made one ranking Trader Joe’s snacks. If you and your friends like to have a good laugh, PowerPoint Nights are super fun and don’t take much time or effort to put together. 

These are some simple, cheap ways to enjoy a girl’s night with your friends while also having fun and feeling socialized in a good way. You can also combine them with one another if you want to have a full night of activities, without having to do a lot of planning and preparing to go out.  As a college student these activities are great from experience, but expanding outside of my bubble, I think any age, younger or older, would enjoy these activities because you get to spend time with your friends in a smaller, more secure environment.  

Senior at Saint Louis University. Loves seeing positivity and sunshine.