This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Life is hard. Some days, you go to bed with the biggest smile on your face because your day was packed with joyful moments. Other days, you feel like (or maybe you actually do, and that’s okay too) crying yourself to sleep because the stress in your life is so overwhelming. I have been there, and I know what you’re going through. That is why I decided to jot down a few ways to make each day better than the last.

1. Treat each day like a gift.

As cliché as this sounds, it’s true. Jesus gave us this day, so we could go out and spread the good news. It is our job as humans to share His love with everyone around us, and in order to do that, we need to be grateful people. When we wake up in the morning and our day is waiting, we have the privilege of living it out to share Jesus’ love. That is why we should treat each day like a gift. 

2. Set a goal.

Some days, we just need to feel productive in order for us to think our day was actually good. So why not set a simple goal for yourself in the morning, such as make someone smile today, finish that assignment you’ve been procrastinating, or make your bed to feel like you’ve had a good day by the end of it? It might just do the trick to turning your frown upside down. 

3. Listen to your emotions.

If you’re having a bad day, don’t be afraid to cry. If you’re having a fabulous day, maybe go treat yourself to a self-care night to top it off. Whatever you feel, act on your emotions. The worst feeling in the world is pretending that you are fine when you feel so far from it. Don’t ignore your emotions, just listen.

Daughter of the Chosen One, coffee enthusiast, macaron lover, and smiley friend.