This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Christmas is around the corner, so here are some gift ideas for the different people in your life ranging from $5-50. 

For the friend who is always traveling

To make sure jewelry does not get lost, a jewelry travel case is cute and practical. A neck pillow as a gift will exponentially improve their flights. To help them keep track of everywhere they have traveled, get them a scratch-off map!

For the friend who is always hosting

Gift them a cake stand to put their cakes on the pedestal they deserve. For practical and whimsical gifts, pot grips shaped like pasta are a great idea, and citrus-shaped glass markers will help people remember which drink is theirs. 

For the sentimental friend

A platter or cutting board with a family recipe engraved is a heartwarming gift. A calendar of pictures from last year is something they will love throughout the next. If you miss the matching best friend necklaces as a kid, the pinky promise keychain is the perfect adult equivalent. Give them personalized stationery to be used for their thank-you notes and letters.

For the trendy friend

Hair clips have become popular again and they are even trendier when they are shaped like a flower or butterfly. Another popular hair accessory this year is bows. A perfect outfit accessory in the winter is a colorful scarf. A tote bag is stylish and functional for college classes or work. To add personality to their phone, give a Y2K-inspired phone case and a beaded phone charm. For their skin-care routine, get them a headband to keep their hair out of their face and to look cute. 

For the sporty friend

Pickleball is the new sport and it looks like it is here to stay, so get your friend their own set of pickleball paddles. For your friend who likes pilates, consider Bala Bangles, wearable wrist and ankle weights. After their workout is over, they will be glad you bought them a massage gun or a heating pad. 

For the environmentally conscious friend

In the midwest, winter is here, so the outdoor garden has to be put on hold, but you can get them an indoor AeroGarden that has a light on top and water on the bottom. If they are more environmentally conscious, get them reusable straws and reusable grocery bags. For makeup, Rare Beauty uses sustainable packaging and is vegan and cruelty-free. If you buy someone five square feet in European countries, the land goes to conservation and your friend receives the title of Lord or Lady. 

For the media and game friend

For your friend’s book collection, you can get them a personalized library stamp. Vintage Bookshelf Editions are a way your game lover can put their favorite games on a bookshelf!Buy them a game they loved from their past to bring childhood magic to this Christmas, or a new game is fun to try out at the Christmas party. There are so many different flavors that go with popcorn, so consider a gourmet popcorn set. Move movie night outside by giving a projector. A poster or tee shirt of their favorite movie or musician is a gift they will appreciate. A vinyl of a favorite musician is sure to make them smile. If you both like similar music, tickets to a concert together are the gift that keeps on giving. 

The holiday season can be stressful, but it is important to remember that it is about joy. Whatever you gift your friends and family, if you put love into it, they will love it. 

Senior at SLU constantly searching for small joys in all things!