This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SLU chapter.

Subterranean Books

As a future teacher, I always make it a point to stop in bookstores whenever I see one. When I went into Subterranean Books I was pleasantly surprised by the warm atmosphere as well as the wide selection of books. Along with selling books, Subterranean Books also sells t-shirts with all of your favorite children’s books’ covers on them. They also often hold readings from local authors. 

Meshuggah Café

When I first stepped foot in Meshuggah Café last summer, I instantly fell in love. Meshuggah Café is a locally owned café. The menu consists of a wide range of coffee, lattes, steamers, tea and juice beverages. They offer foods that are locally-sourced and made to order. They have baked goods, sandwiches, salads and other unique meals. Along with their amazing food and drinks, the atmosphere of Meshuggah Café is what really makes it special. They have board games and books on their shelves and exhibitions of local art on their walls. Into the evening time, they often hold poetry slams and music shows. If you’re looking for your new favorite coffee shop to do work or spend time with friends, Meshuggah Café will not disappoint. 

OSO: A Style Lab

Whenever I go into Oso, I always find something I have not seen before. Oso offers a big collection of unique clothing, accessories and gifts. If you’re looking for decorations for your apartment, unique gifts, or clothing that not many other people will be wearing, stop by Oso. 

Writer for Her Campus at Saint Louis Univeristy. Spend most of my time learning how to teach little children. Making people happy is what makes me happy! Love teaching people about mental health and always up for a good pastry.