jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Valentine’s Day for Singles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Love is in the air, collegiettes! Just because you don’t have a significant other doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Valentine’s Day.  Here are some ideas to enjoy the holiday as a single lady.

If you need a bit of tranquility, make an appointment at the spa.  Whether you prefer a hot stone massage or a pedicure, take the time to treat yourself!

This year, there are several good movies coming out on Valentine’s Day.  Grab some friends and go check out “Safe Haven,” which is based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, or “Beautiful Creatures,” a supernatural romance flick.

If you feel like staying in, invite some close friends over and cook a nice meal together or bake a holiday-themed dessert.

Alternatively, have a movie marathon starring your favorite celebrity crush. What could possibly be better than spending hours swooning over Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum?

To ensure you’ll receive some of that chocolate you’ve been craving, organize a Valentine’s Day gift exchange with a group of friends. 

We hope these ideas will help you learn to love Valentine’s Day and find ways to celebrate.  Remember—no pity parties allowed! Happy Valentine’s Day, collegiettes.

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.