Sophia Inkeles ’16 and Emily Kaplan ’16, HC Co-Correspondents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Sophia Inkeles

Year: 2016

Major: American Studies

Hometown: NY, NY

Name: Emily Kaplan

Year: 2016

Major: Business and Management; Minor: Media and Film Studies

Hometown: San Francisco, California & Tokyo, Japan

HC: What are your expectations and goals for this semester?

SI: I want this semester to be the best one yet! I am so excited about the level of interest in getting involved in HC. I hope that this semester we can really expand our club and get new writers on board.

EK: I hope to get more writers and readers for Her Campus. I am very excited about the new events and articles we have planed for everyone! Keep an eye out for our weekly articles that you won’t want to miss! 

HC: What new events are you planning on bringing to the club this year?

SI: I would love to have more bake sales. I know that last year we raised a lot of money for She’s The First, so I hope that this semester we can continue our philanthropic work and raise money for important causes within the local Saratoga/Skidmore community.

EK: We plan on brining more bake sales (yum!), fundraisers, and overall involvement around campus. I hope we can work with other amazing clubs and organizations around campus and bring together the Skidmore community.

HC: What are your favorite HC memories from your time as writers?’

SI: There are so many! Going to Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk was definitely up there. I know it sounds so basic, but there was something special about going as a group that chilly night and just getting away from campus.

EK: Wow, that’s a hard one. I would have to say my favorite memories would not be the same without the amazing Her Campus girls. Last year we all went over to one of our houses and made pizzas and hung out! It was nice to see everyone outside of the school setting.

HC: What would you say to people who are interested in joining HC?

SI: Join! No but seriously, if you are at all interested in writing, or if you can’t seem to find a club on campus that you feel like joining, come to one of our meetings and check us out.

EK: I would tell them to JOIN. It’s truly a great group of people, and I have met some amazing people through Her Campus. It’s a fun way to do what you love and get your work published as well.

HC: What else are you involved in on campus?

SI: In addition to HC, I am a peer mentor on campus and also a big sister with Skidmore Big Brothers Big Sisters

EK: I am involved in Women in Business (another amazing club!), Intramural Volleyball, and work in the dance department and foreign language department.

We can’t wait for an awesome year with these impressive Co-correspondents! 

English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.