Social Media Accounts We Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

When it comes time for a study break, most of us turn to social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest. Of course we all follow our friends on these sites, but that just isn’t enough sometimes. Here are our favorite accounts and celebrities to follow on each platform.

Tumblr

·       Suri’s Burn Book. “Just because you have a Ferragamo handbag, doesn’t mean you can act like a child (I’m looking at you, Shiloh).” This blog is written from the perspective of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ daughter, Suri, who is known to have eye-catching style for a young girl. Suri critiques (well, mostly criticizes) the style of the stars and their offspring. We love her scathing wit.

·       Feminist Ryan Gosling. Not only is Ryan Gosling a smashing gentleman, but did you know that he is also a feminist? Could he be any cuter? Check out this web page for pictures of Ryan Gosling sharing insightful feminist wisdom. This page has gained so much publicity that it was recently published into a book!

·       The Peanut Butta Runna. Looking for some great work outs and eating tips? Check out Kaci and her “Healthy 101” tab for work outs, healthy recipes, grocery lists, motivational tips and workout mixes. We especially like her Hot Chocolate Cookies recipe.

Pinterest

·       Lauren Conrad. Whether or not you watched “Laguna Beach” or “The Hills,” Lauren Conrad has turned herself into a lifestyle guru. Her boards on Pinterest include categories such as entertain, celebrate, wear, make, inspire and get fit. All of her boards have a cheery display, perfect to get you out of your studying rut!

·       The Beauty Department. This account gives you “your daily dose of pretty.” Need a new beauty look? Turn to The Beauty Department’s Pinterest, which includes hair ideas, makeup tips, and nail art inspiration. Similar to Lauren Conrad’s page, this Pinterest has just as many ideas, and more.

·       SHAPE Magazine. This popular publication’s Pinterest is the perfect inspiration for a healthy lifestyle because sometimes with work, that can fall to the wayside. The magazine’s account doesn’t just supply you with fitness tips, but also with fun meal ideas and beauty tips.

Twitter

·       Barbie. Yep, Barbie is on Twitter. What collegiette didn’t have one of these iconic, plastic dolls as a child? This blonde babe’s parody tweets from her Malibu beach house, and we love her snarky advice.

·       The Single Woman. This account offers advice and motivation for single women everywhere. The founder, who now has a book on the subject, started the account after a failed romantic relationship. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade!

·       Her Campus Skidmore. This list cannot be complete without mentioning the @HerCampus twitter handle, which tweets the top stories from our site!

Instagram

·       Puppy Palace. What collegiette doesn’t love a cute puppy? Follow @Puppypalace for daily pictures of adorable pups! They take different dog breed requests.

·       Hello Giggles. Started as a website, @hellogiggles is partially founded by actress Zooey Deschanel. The website “is the ultimate entertainment destination for smart, independent and creative females.” Instagram photos include a humorous daily illustrated tweets and a goofy “Item of the Day.”

·       Our Lyrics. The account @ourlyrics takes poignant modern lyrics and integrates them into corresponding photos. The result is beautiful and inspirational. Check it out if you need a boost in motivation.

These aren’t the only accounts out there that we love to follow, but when you inevitably procrastinate, or need inspiration, these accounts are sure to satisfy your craving.

Cara is a Senior at Skidmore College, where she majors in Gender Studies, and minors in Sociology. When not studying at the library, she works in retail, interns, participates in student government and tries to keep up with all the latest fashion news!
Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.