Skidmore Performance Club Mash-ups We’d LOVE To See

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Skidmore performance clubs sometimes band together and do performances with one another. Although we see it most with a cappella and comedy groups, sometimes other performance clubs partake in the collaborative spirit as well. We’d love to see these groups work together to create specific pieces – Here are some fun ideas of performance club combos:

1. Cabaret Troupe and Circus Club

Pippin immediately comes to mind for this mash-up; think about how amazing this collaboration would be!

2. Stompin’ Soles and Irish Dance Club

Just imagine this:

3. Breakbeats and Treblemakers

They’ve definitely performed together before, but never at the same exact time. Imagine a giant all-inclusive flash mob with Treblemakers singing and Breakbeats dancing—sounds pretty awesome in my opinion.

4. 213 and Rithmos

While Rithmos is grounded in technical training and 213 is more street-style, a hip hop extravaganza would be an incredible way to see these styles blend.  

5. Pulse and Stompin’ Soles

Because the sound of a tap shoe is an awesome percussive addition.

What do you think? Any other mash-ups you’d love to see? Let us know!

Jocelin Weiss is a biology major, theater minor at Skidmore college. She loves Zumba, scuba diving, passionfruit, and being unapologetically weird.