Sam Villanueva ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Sam Villanueva

Class Year: 2017

Majors: Dance & Economics

Hometown: Manila, Philippines // Naperville, IL (#thirdculturekid)

Relationship Status: Happily Committed  

Catch Phrase: “It’s lit”

HC: What’s been your favorite part of being a dance major at Skidmore?

SV: I would have to say my dance family has been my favorite part of being a dance major here. As we’ve gone through the Capstone class, we’ve gotten incredibly close with each other and also have great relationship with our professors. Everyone in the department is supportive, engaging and energetic. We always have a great time together whether in the studio or outside of it.

HC: What are you most excited about for the rest of spring semester?

SV: I’m looking forward to all of the upcoming dance performances: Capstone, the Spring Concert, and on a more fun note, the Rithmos Show that happens right around Fun Day! I’ve been working a lot on my Capstone piece, which has been a challenging but rewarding process. More broadly, I’m excited to enjoy the rest of my time here with all my favorite peeps.

HC: Now for the fun part! If you could be any animal, which animal would you be and why?

SV: Dog! Self-explanatory.

HC: If you could bring three things (or people) to a deserted island, what would you choose and why?

SV: Some toonz, a refrigerator full of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups, pints of Haagen Dazs cookies and cream ice cream, and my dog, Beanie.

HC: And now to finish it off, tell us a fun fact about yourself.

SV: I used to be on the Disney Channel Singapore!

English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.